Organ meats are some of the most affordable meats and happen to also be some of the most nutritious parts too. This nourishing combination of ground beef, liver and heart baked into a meat pie is simple and satiating.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground beef heart
- ½ pound ground beef liver
- Tallow or butter, ghee, other cooking fat
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly brown the meat in fat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Salt to taste.
- Pour evenly into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until egg is set.
- Remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy leftovers cold.