These Crustless Mini Meat Pies with hidden liver are the perfect nutrient-dense addition to breakfast or lunch. Pack them in a lunchbox or keep in the fridge, they pair well with everything. It’s a great way to get your liver in without any unusual taste, texture, or appearance.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 mini pies
- 12-cup muffin pan
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ pound beef liver ground
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tallow or other cooking fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Combine meat and liver in a mixing bowl. Add in eggs, stir well to combine.
- Melt the tallow or cooking fat and add to meat. Season with salt and optional herbs.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan well or use cupcake liners. Spoon mixture into each well evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until done. Remove from oven and cool before removing. Serve warm or leftovers cold.